Friday, April 19, 2013

Meet Indie South Artist - All Mapped Out


I repurpose 'outdated' and vintage maps into coaster sets.  The actual vintage maps are decoupaged and thoroughly sealed onto ceramic tiles, making one-of-a-kind items (unless I ever come across the same vintage source).  As a map lover, it's my small way of bringing some cartography to your coffee table!  I aim to bring new life to old, neglected maps while helping folks find one-of-a-kind pieces to contribute to their sense of place at home. 

I also design quirky, map-inspired t-shirts that are embedded with bits of geographic education to add some knowledge and nerdiness to your wardrobe.  After all, couldn’t you use some cartography in your closet?  It’s my way of spreading my love of geographic education to my customers, and not just within the confines of the classroom.

To learn more about me and the origins of All Mapped Out, visit: http://www.all-mapped-out.com/about/ 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/allmappedout



No comments:

Post a Comment