Sunday, April 14, 2013

Meet Indie South Artist - Studio 304 by Perry McCrackin

I have been an artist for all my life. I started out attempting to draw the Blue Horse from Blue Horse Paper decades ago. Then there was the time I got in trouble for writing on the back of the school bus seat with a red magic marker, I got a spanking for that.  I stillstilllove red and that was  the beginning of my creativity.  

Staying creative during high school and then serving in the Marines, I took up painting in response to a strong personal desire for expressive creativity.

I am a self taught, visual artist who is forever searching for the ultimate melody on canvas.  I enjoy painting plein air frequently to infuse his work with real-life experience and freshness.  I tend to paint rural landscapes, or whimsical farm animals.  Yes more  pictures to come Just give me time to get them posted.

I've participated in several local art shows a year, always enjoying them and seeing repeat clients.  Recently in 2012 I had a painting hanging in the GA State Capital, got my picture taken w/the Governor, woo-hoo, that was a big honor.  That painting, along w/several others now hangs in the Tallulah Falls Gallery, Tallulah Falls.

https://www.facebook.com/Studio304TheArtofPerryMcCrackin

Studio304_hi

No comments:

Post a Comment