Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Meet Indie South Artist - Off the Map


Off the Map is all about a love for maps, nostalgic images, and bold color.  I sell original acrylic and ink paintings, prints, and prints mounted on wooden blocks. The overall theme of my work is travel and adventure while using maps to provide a setting.  I have a large ever-growing "Bike" series that pairs a composition of a bike with a vintage map featuring a particular city or destination (including Athens!).  Other imagery includes landscapes and campers. 

  Along with my art I sell one of a kind vintage map jewelry utilizing my vast collection of vintage maps and atlases, some as old as 125 years.  Each map is hand selected to find the most visually attractive map and is set in a simple pewter setting.  

  I studied art education at Appalachian State University and became an art teacher in Charlotte for several years until I started Off the Map.  Our family now lives in South Carolina and most days you can find me playing with my daughter or in my studio.

http://www.offthemapart.etsy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment