Sunday, April 21, 2013

Meet Indie South Artist - Harwood Homemade


Looking for an artistic outlet, I discovered pottery in 2003. I fell in love with the process first, and then the results. There is peace in molding clay, and comfort in the taking mud from the earth and transforming it into something practical and more permanent. Initially, this was a hobby - until I created so many pieces that I had to sell some to enable me to justify and support what has clearly evolved into something far more than a pastime. 

I have taken clay classes with instructors at Good Dirt in Athens, Georgia since 2003 and have a studio at home. 

I especially enjoy making functional pieces that feel good to hold and work well with the busy-ness of life - serving drinks or a plate of cookies as well as hostess pieces for less common, celebratory gatherings.  I love the challenge of creating new things, and welcome the chance to collaborate.

The art is in the making, but the function of a piece is defined first - and Anne enjoys the challenge of creating pottery for new purposes. Each piece begins with Anne 'playing in the mud,' and ends in an object designed to be handled and used every day.

http://www.harwoodhomemade.etsy.com 









No comments:

Post a Comment