Sunday, April 28, 2013

Meet Indie South Artist - Art for Bird Lovers, by Mike Merrit

Each one of my birdhouses is an expression of my love of form some are curvaceous and reminiscent of musical instruments while others are geometric with very straight- forward lines. I use reclaimed barn metal on the roofs and weave the metal to make the sides of each birdhouse. Form goes hand-in-hand with function in all of my birdhouse designs. Each one is well ventilated and some have floors built into the interior to support nesting materials. I use only cedar and cypress woods so they are rot-resistant and weather proof. The entry holes are sized to attract eastern and western song birds but each birdhouse provides a safe and comfortable nesting place for most birds.

I will be bringing lots of unique designs to the show that I do not have in my Etsy Shop.  

Art for Bird Lovers by Mark Merrit




No comments:

Post a Comment