Sunday, April 21, 2013

Meet Indie South Fair Artist - round about shop


In 2007 I bought a few old hardcover books from a stoop sale. When I saw them, I knew I wanted to make them into sketchbooks for myself and my friends. I had never done any bookbinding, but I found a tutorial online and taught myself, along with developing a method for gutting the pages and finishing the journals cleanly. I ended up selling my first journals at a little vintage shop owned by the same woman who originally sold me the books! They sold very well, so I opened up shop (an Etsy shop, that is) and started selling them myself. Since then I've made and sold journals, ornaments, stationery sets, and jewelry at a few stores and several indie craft shows. 

I'm just a girl looking to live a creative life, laugh a lot, be inspired, and inspire others. I've always loved working with my hands and making useful things. I am constantly inspired by places and things around me, no matter how mundane, and by the amazing people I am fortunate to have in my life.

http://www.roundaboutshop.etsy.com




No comments:

Post a Comment